Letter to Parents 2021

Dear Parents.

It is our hope to be able to provide a safe, fun summer for your children.  We will follow the guidelines issued by the CDC as well as our extra measures to keep campers and staff protected.  

We will operate our Day Camp and Overnight Camp with reduced numbers.  We want to make sure we can accommodate necessary protocols during meal times and during any inclement weather.  

Our plan this summer is slightly different due to COVID-19.  


We will offer four 2-week day camp sessions.  This will give more children an opportunity to attend a session.  Additionally, it will allow College Settlement an opportunity to have campers return should they become ill or test positive for COVID-19, to quarantine and then return to camp on a different session (once cleared by a doctor or negative test). 

Masks will be required for all staff and campers.  All Day Campers will have daily temperature checks and screening questions prior to drop off or on boarding at the bus stops.  IF your child does not feel well or has a fever, we will require you DO NOT SEND them to camp.  


We will offer four 12-day overnight sessions IF rapid testing and/or vaccines become available.  Due to the close proximity of beds in our cabins, we feel that this is the only way to keep both staff and campers safe.  A rapid test, although not fool-proof, would allow an extra layer of protection to prevent the spread of the virus.  We are hoping that staff will be able to receive the vaccine prior to camp.  If this doesn’t become available, the staff would also undergo rapid tests prior to staying in cabins with the campers. We will make this decision by the end of April to allow parents time to modify their plans for the summer.

If we determine that Overnight Camp is not a feasible option this summer, we intend on adding more opportunities to enroll in our Day Camp program and utilizing both sides of our property.  

We will make this decision before the end of April. If your child enrolls in overnight camp and it is cancelled, we will try to accommodate these campers into our day camp program.  If that will not work for your child, we will fully refund any camp payments.  


The Teen Adventure Program (TAP) will NOT go to our Spruce Run Outpost location in 2021.  Due to the current COVID-19 guidelines, we do not feel that this part of the TAP program is feasible with our current COVID safety protocols.  We will still offer TAP on site at our Horsham property for the first 12 day overnight session in June.  This will give teens an opportunity to fully utilize our base camp activities.  Pending COVID-19 restrictions, we hope to be able to take day trips and allow our teens to enjoy all of the fun activities we have to offer.